Have you been wanting to feed your adventurous side by trying lamb? Or maybe you’re already hooked on it but are wondering if it’s a healthy choice? The answer is YES! Read on to learn the health benefits of this nutrient-dense red meat.
1. Iron. As a red meat, lamb is an excellent source of iron, providing 12% of the RDA, helping prevent iron-deficiency anemia.
2. Vitamin B12. A 3 ounce portion of lamb contains almost half the RDA of vitamin B12, an important vitamin for nervous system health.
3. Zinc. Zinc is needed for a healthy immune system, and a serving of lamb contains a whopping 51% of the RDA.
4. Healthy fats. Pasture raised lamb is a rich source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), which helps aid fat loss, improves muscle mass and is a potential cancer fighter, especially breast cancer.
5. Protein. Lamb is a protein powerhouse, containing around 23 grams of protein in a 3 ounce serving. And this is a complete protein, containing every amino acid, which means our body can use it more efficiently than incomplete proteins to encourage lean muscle mass, the growth and repair of cells, and higher levels of satiety.
On top of all this, lamb is incredibly tasty! Lamb fits well into a Mediterranean diet, which is one of the world’s healthiest (and most delicious) cuisines.
Are you ready to give lamb a try (or eat more of it)?